BAR CENTER COMMITTEE
The Bar Center Committee is responsible for the maintenance of the Bar Center and for rules and regulations pertaining to the use of the building and its facilities.
The Committee is charged to repair and maintain the interior and exterior integrity of the building to such a degree that it fulfills the functions of the Bar Association and the high standards of its members.
John J. Shorb
2009 Bar Center Committee
Presently the Committee is involved in a phased renovation plan involving:
Phase I: Parking lot (complete)
Phase II: Building revitalization (occurring)
Phase III: Furniture and accessories (planning)
- all existing carpeting on first floor replaced plus first floor entrance and hallway (border)
- main staircase and second floor wall-to-wall carpeting (no border)
- Essis & Sons installer – carpet to be glued down
- two front rooms on first floor and vestibule
- insert walls (CLE room)
(3) Remove window casings in CLE room and install new wooden blinds (painted)
(4) Replace ceiling tiles in CLE room
(5) New lighting fixtures and arrangement in CLE room
The Committee is planning to meet with a Consultant to discuss the project and budget required for this phase as stated above.
The Building Committee has nearly completed Phase II of the renovation to the York County Bar Foundation building. The next project, as part of Phase II, is to complete the renovations to the Board Room which have been previously approved by the Board. There has also been a change in Phase II calling for a Karastan rug being added to said room. The Board has approved this change. The committee is looking to undertake Phase III of the building renovation which will include the following items:
1. Install three large panel art works or framed pictures of York County historic significance, such as pictures of the Market Houses, The York Fair, and scenes from the Hanover area of York County.
2. Flat screen TV
SECOND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM
1. Replace eight chairs with new ones that have castors. – This was part of the original Phase II. The committee has since discovered that we could refinish the chairs and re-upholster the same at a significantly less cost than what was originally anticipated in replacing them.
SECOND FLOOR BOARD ROOM
1. Re-upholster the thirteen chairs.
SECOND FLOOR HALLWAY
1. Purchase picture frames for pictures of historic significance involving the Bar Association so that the pictures can be changed from time to time.
2. Relocate office for Executive Director on first floor, and to replace the overhead lighting, remove the wall sconces in said room, and to install a new area carpet and draperies in her room.