Print Page  |  Contact Us  |  Sign In  |  Register
Report an Attorney
Share |

How do I report an attorney?

Complaints against attorneys can be made by consumers at any time. Learn the steps and rules to reporting an attorney by contacting the The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania at

This link may also be used to look up a Pennsylvania attorney and to view any past discipline to which an attorney was subjected. 

YCBA Fee Dispute Process

The York County Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee provides a public service which attempts to informally resolve financial disagreements involving fees charged by York County attorneys.

Fee disputes should be referred in writing to the York County Bar Association (see Contact Us page for mailing address or email

The communication should include the following:

  1. name of the attorney
  2. contact information for the writer (name, address, phone, email)
  3. a concise statement of the concerns of the writer
  4. the understanding regarding fee, and
  5. any supporting documentation.

Once received, the Bar staff will forward the matter to the Committee, who will forward the information to the attorney. The attorney will be asked to make an effort to resolve the issue by contacting the writer directly. If that contact does not occur within a reasonable time or the matter is not resolved, either party may contact the Committee for an informal hearing. The hearing occurs with Committee representatives, the attorney involved, and the complainant. Any decision made by the York County Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee is non-binding by the parties but in most cases is honored.

This free public service attempts not only to resolve fee dispute issues quickly and without the need for expensive litigation, but also serves to educate the public as to how law is practiced, and sometimes educates the attorney as to how law should be practiced.

The York County Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee does not involve itself in disciplinary matters or those involved in pending litigation. Disciplinary matters should be referred to the
Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania at the link above.




Community Search
Sign In


10/22/2020 » 10/23/2020
Bench Bar 2020 - CHCHCHCHANGES#2020

Latest News
Featured Members

Copyright © 2013. York County Bar Association and Bar Foundation of Pennsylvania, USA. All Rights Reserved